The history of Henriques & Henriques goes back to 1850. From then on, Henriques & Henriques played an important role in viticulture and wine making on the Island and in 1913, the family interests were established as a firm, and by 1925, the firm concentrated on shipping its own wines instead of supplying them to other shippers.
In June 1992, Henriques & Henriques undertook an expansion programme with a value of more than 5,000,000€ and invested in the construction of new premises in Câmara de Lobos and also on building a new vinification centre at Quinta Grande. The new premises at Câmara de Lobos house the offices, laboratory, tasting room, shop glass fronted cask stores (for ageing wines) and the basement below houses different sized stainless steel tanks for storage and blending. In 1995 the company decided to plant at Quinta Grande a new 10 hectare vineyard next to the vinification centre.
Henriques & Henriques is the only Madeira producer to own vineyards. The Company uses the most recent technical innovations, but at the same time, maintains the family traditions of almost 200 years of producing finest Madeira wines. The full control of every aspect of its production has enabled H & H to nurture and sell wines of exceptional quality.
Subscribe to our FREE mailing list to be kept up-to-date with our special offers, exclusive parcels of wine and wine tasting events.