The Peter Josef Drathen winery was founded in 1860 with its home in St. Aldegund and was renamed in 1927 as the Josef Drathen winery through settlement of the estate. On the death of the founder Josef Drathen in 1939 the winery was run by his widow Else, her niece Grete Gesthüsen with her husband Hugo until 1969. On 1 July 1969 the next generation represented by Arthur Gesthüsen, Dieter Gesthüsen and Josef Zirwes took over and successfully ran the business for some time.
A completely new and modern winemaking facility opened in the business park on Zell-Barl in 1993. Since 1996 the management of the business has been in the hands of the younger generation of the family represented by Tim Gesthüsen and Jürgen Zirwes.
Subscribe to our FREE mailing list to be kept up-to-date with our special offers, exclusive parcels of wine and wine tasting events.